First US civilian evacuation from violence in Sudan is carried out

In the first US-led evacuation, hundreds of Americans fled two weeks of deadly fighting in Sudan and arrived at the country’s port on Saturday after a perilous land journey guarded by armed drones. American unmanned aircraft, which have been monitoring overland evacuation routes for days, provided armed overwatch for a bus convoy carrying 200 to 300 Americans over 500 miles or 800 kilometers to Port Sudan, a place of relative safety, U.S. officials said. A large group of international mediators, including African and Arab countries, the United Nations, and the United States, have only been able to achieve a series of fragile temporary cease-fires that failed to stop clashes but created enough of a lull for tens of thousands of Sudanese to flee to sa. More than a dozen other countries have already been carrying out evacuations for their citizens. However, that changed when US officials took advantage of a brief respite in the fighting and, from a distance, organized their own convoy for Americans, according to officials. Since other nations have been providing their citizens with evacuation flights close to the capital, many US citizens have been forced to make the perilous overland journey from Khartoum to the nation’s main Red Sea port, Port Sudan. State Department spokesman Matthew Miller said the convoy carried US citizens, locals employed by the US, and citizens of allies. One Sudanese-American family who made the trip earlier described passing through numerous checkpoints manned by armed men and passing bodies lying in the street and vehicles of other fleeing families who had been killed along the way. The American travelers in the convoy can look for space on ships traveling across the Red Sea to the Saudi port city of Jeddah from Port Sudan, which is far from the fighting, he said. US consular officials will be waiting for the Americans once they arrive at the dock in Jeddah, but there are no US personnel in Port Sudan, officials said. Two Americans are confirmed killed in the fighting that erupted on April 15. US officials are also coordinating with Saudi Arabia to see if one of the country’s naval vessels can carry a larger number of Americans to Jeddah. One of them was a US civilian who was allegedly caught in crossfire. The other victim of the lawless violence that has accompanied the fighting in Khartoum was a doctor from Iowa City, Iowa, who was stabbed to death in front of his home and family. Over 500 people have died in the fighting in the country of east Africa. On April 22, the US closed its embassy and airlifted out all of its diplomats and military personnel. The Biden administration had cautioned that it had no plans to join other nations in organizing evacuation for regular US citizens who wished out, declaring it too risky. It left behind many thousand US citizens remained in Sudan, many of whom were dual nationalities. There were no known US government employees helping the convoy in Sudan.

Related News Headlines

Muslim Call Girls Cuffe Parade

Muslim Call Girls in Cuffe Parade There are 196 Muslim Call Girls in Cuffe Parade currently available for hire on Kokqa. You can find high

Popular Cities for Call Girls in India